Toyota of N Charlotte has exciting news! There has been a photo leaked of a convertible 2013 Scion FR-S in Cape Town, South Africa. Sources say Toyota is set to reveal a convertible prototype in the upcoming 2013 Geneva Auto Show. Here’s what we know so far:
- The official name of this model is the Toyota GT-86 Open Concept.
- It’s being released only to gauge public opinion on a convertible Scion FR-S.
- Engineers who have worked on this new Scion say a convertible is structurally possible.
Even if it’s only to check out what the public wants, we think it’s a great idea! The last time we saw a convertible option at our N Charlotte Toyota dealership was back in the late 1990’s when the Toyota Camry Solara debuted. Considering we already love the way the N Charlotte Scion FR-S drives, why not make it a convertible?
This new Scion features a rear-wheel drive!
If you haven’t seen the 2013 Scion FR-S in N Charlotte, you’re missing out. It’s the first true sports car from Scion. While we love the rest of the Scion family, this affordable sports car has caught the attention of many drivers. This is what we’ve come to expect of Scion:
- Affordable starting MSRPs
- Sporty style
- An excellent Pioneer Audio System
- Plenty of customization options
- One trim level to choose from
These are still true with the Scion FR-S, but it offers things other models don’t.
- It’s powered by rear-wheel drive.
- It can go from zero to 60 in 6.6 seconds.
- It has a front-mounted flat boxer engine.
- It was designed in collaboration with Subaru.
The 2013 Scion FR-S is an affordable car!
What more could you want in a sports car? All of this and the starting MSRP is just $25,255. We think trying to find a comparable car at under $30,000 would be very hard to do. These aren’t all of the features this new Scion in N Charlotte comes with. The design also helped it earn the Cars.com Best of 2013 Award.
- This new Scion is lower to the ground with a wider wheel base that gives off a muscular feel.
- The rear taillights are fierce enough to turn heads and the wheels are 17-inch alloy.
- The seats are black sport fabric with contrasting red stitching. They are also comfortable enough to go the distance on a long road trip.
- The Pioneer Audio System also has Bluetooth technology for hands-free phone calls and wireless music streaming. The eight speakers bring the sound to you and your passengers loud and clear.
That’s really just the beginning of what this new Scion can do. The rear-wheel drive is what separates it from the pack and in order to experience it, you’ll have to see it in person. With numerous awards backing it in just the first few months on the market, we are pretty sure it’s safe to say this Scion has made a lasting impression. Can you imagine it as a convertible? We can!
Come check out the 2013 Scion FR-S in N Charlotte today! We are located in Huntersville, just off of I-77. Trust us – you’re going to love this new Scion!