Your vehicle just hit 100,000 miles, now what? In the past, once a vehicle was driven 100,000 miles, it meant it was worn out. Now, a vehicle can last for much longer, with most vehicles surpassing 150,000 miles! However, the key to lasting this long is keeping up with necessary routine auto maintenance in Charlotte. This means you should be scheduling your vehicle for auto service such as oil changes, tire rotation, brake service and more, even before it gets this far.
Keeping up with your routine auto maintenance in Charlotte
Like we said, it’s important to keep up with your routine auto maintenance in Charlotte before you hit that dreaded 100,000 mile mark. This will ensure your vehicle lasts you even longer without needing so many auto repairs. Here’s some of the necessary routine auto maintenance:
- Tire rotation, oil change and filter replacement every 3,000 to 7,000 miles
- Replace air filter and check fluids every 10,000 to 30,000 miles
- Battery inspection and replacement if necessary every 35,000 miles
- Replace spark plugs and wires every 40,000 miles
- Change brake pads, brake fluid and coolant every 60,000 miles
Intervals vary depending on your vehicle. The best way to know what auto service your vehicle needs and when it needs it is to check your owner’s manual.
What Charlotte auto service does your vehicle need after 100,000 miles?
If you’ve been taking care of your vehicle with auto service in Charlotte, you shouldn’t have much to worry about once you hit 100,000 miles. However, this is the time when some parts may be wearing out and fluids may be running low. Here’s how you can make your vehicle run like-new again:
- If you haven’t already changed your engine’s timing belt, this would be a great time to do it. This should be done every 60,000 to 100,000 miles. A timing belt is necessary to keep your engine functioning properly and all of the parts synchronized.
- If you’ve driven 100,000 miles or more with the same auto tires, you may want to get them replaced. This includes getting a wheel alignment. Luckily, our Toyota Service Center can help you and you can find affordable auto tires at our Toyota Parts Center in Charlotte!
- It’s a good idea to have all of your vehicle’s fluids flushed and filled once you hit 100,000 miles. This includes your power steering fluid, coolant, transmission and brake fluid. You should be keeping up with these fluids as part of your routine auto maintenance, but it’s especially important to pay closer attention to your fluids once your vehicle starts racking up the miles.
- Your vehicle is also most-likely due for a car tune-up once you hit 100,000 miles. This includes the replacement and adjustment of certain parts such as spark plugs, valves, belts and more. If you changed your spark plugs at 40,000 miles, it’s time to change them again.
Visit our Toyota Service Center for your auto service today! We’re located right off I-77 on exit 23. Call us at (888) 378-1214 to set up an appointment for your routine auto maintenance. We’ll see you soon!