The N Charlotte Toyota Prius is the best-selling hybrid in the world and now it has hit an all-new record – surpassing 3 million sold worldwide! This number only includes the Toyota Prius, but when we factor in the sales of the rest of the Toyota Prius family, it reaches nearly 3.5 million sold! This milestone comes at a special time for this hybrid, as this year marks its 16th birthday!
History of the N Charlotte Toyota Prius
The Toyota Prius is the most iconic hybrid vehicle in the world, as it has always been known for its incredible fuel efficiency. To better understand how this new Toyota hybrid in N Charlotte has achieved such great success, Toyota of N Charlotte wants to share its history with you!
- The first model was revealed in 1997 as a 4-door compact sedan and was only sold in Japan. This new Toyota was a far cry from the current model as it borrowed styling cues from the N Charlotte Toyota Corolla. However, it brought the concept of using both a gas engine and an electric motor together to achieve amazing fuel efficiency, offering more than 40 combined mpg!
- It finally made its U.S. debut in 2000. Although this model didn’t give the best performance, it gained a lot of attention – especially when celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz started driving it! With this sudden attention it exceeded projected sales.
- In 2003, this hybrid was completely redesigned with enhanced performance and style. It provided more power and improved fuel efficiency! This is also when it got its iconic hatchback look. After this makeover, the sales of this new Toyota skyrocketed with sales doubling!
The Toyota Prius in N Charlotte today
The Toyota Prius has paved the way for hybrids to follow and remains the most popular hybrid vehicle on the planet. Now in its third generation, it continues to offer drivers a stylish and eco-friendly driving experience. The 2013 model even has a fuel efficiency rating of 50 mpg combined! This vehicle has had such success, Toyota even added members to its family to give drivers even more options including the N Charlotte Toyota Prius c, Prius v and Prius Plug-in!
We project this new Toyota will continue to thrive as it’ll get an all-new design for 2015! Although details have not been confirmed about the fourth generation model, here are some of the new features you can expect to see:
- The 2015 model is expected to give drivers better fuel efficiency with a rumored 60 combined mpg!
- It has been predicted to contain a lithium ion battery, which will make it more efficient because of its lightweight design.
- The interior is anticipated to be more refined and functional by ditching its futuristic interior for more sophistication.
- The exterior shape may change, but will still highly resemble the iconic shape we are all familiar with today!
Visit our Toyota dealership to check out this new Toyota hybrid for yourself and take it for a test drive. We’re located right off I-77 on exit 23. We look forward to seeing you here!