Getting stuck on the side of the road is never a fun experience, but it can happen to anyone. Our new Toyota in N Charlotte are well-known for their reliability; however, anything can happen while on the road. Roadside emergencies can be caused from a flat tire, not enough gas or any other unpredictable event. Although many of our new Toyota in N Charlotte offer roadside assistance with the push of a button or with a simple call, you should always be prepared for an emergency!
What should you pack in your new Toyota for emergencies?
You should always have an emergency kit available in your new Toyota near Charlotte, just in case you’re ever in need of roadside assistance. This kit should include items not only for your vehicle but also to keep your family safe until help arrives. You can buy a pre-assembled kit from the store or you can put one together your own to save some money. Either way, here are some items you should have:
- Cell phone: A cell phone is the most important item, as you can call for help from wherever you are! Most people now-a-days always have their cellphone on them, so this shouldn’t be a problem. However, if you normally don’t carry a cell phone, you should think about keeping one in your vehicle for emergency purposes.
- Jumper cables and tow rope: Jumper cables can be handy for jump starting your vehicle when the battery dies or your car stalls out on the side of the road. It’s also important to have a tow rope, so another car can pull you out if you should ever get stuck in mud or snow.
- Tire repair supplies: If you’re stuck on the side of the road, it’s most likely going to be because of a flat tire. This is why you should carry supplies such as temporary tire sealant, spare tire, air pump and tools to help fix the problem.
- First Aid Kit: It’s always important to be prepared for injury, which is why a First Aid Kit can be handy. This kit should include ibuprofen, bandages, gauze and antiseptic towelettes.
- Roadside flares: If you’re ever stuck, roadside flares can not only increase your visibility to other vehicles, it’s also a way a signal for help. This can be useful in case of any emergency.
Get 24/7 Roadside Assistance in our new Toyota near Charlotte
As we mentioned, many of our new Toyota in N Charlotte offer roadside assistance with the push of a button or a call to our 24/7 response center. Some models, such as the N Charlotte Toyota Sienna, have Safety Connect available. This feature offers Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Automatic Collision Notification and Roadside Assistance. All of our new Toyota also come with Roadside Assistance for two years or up to 25,000 miles, as part of ToyotaCare.
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte today to check out our inventory. Don’t forget, we also have a Toyota Service Center for all of your auto service needs. Schedule your routine auto maintenance to help prevent an emergency or bring your vehicle in for auto repairs after a break down. We’re located right off I-77 on exit 23.