Our new Toyota hybrids in N Charlotte are capable of receiving some incredible gas mileage, but do you know how efficient our electric vehicles are? As our hybrid vehicles like the N Charlotte Toyota Prius become increasingly popular, sometimes people tend to forget or overlook our electric new Toyota that provide even more efficiency. The Toyota Prius Plug-in is one of these options, but many people are not aware of what it can do! Toyota is trying to raise this awareness by creating the Toyota Prius Plug-in MPG Challenge.
Influencers compete in new Toyota near Charlotte for charity!
In the first round of this challenge, which started in May, Toyota loaned the 2013 Toyota Prius Plug-in to a few non-profits organizations for 30 days. The organization that achieved the highest average fuel economy at the end of the 30 days received a $2,500 donation! The winner in the first round managed to earn an unbelievable average fuel economy of 356 mpge!
Now, Toyota is on to the second round, in which it called upon “eco-savvy influencers” to compete for a donation to the charity of their choice. This challenge is not only for charity, it’s also to inform drivers about how efficient this new Toyota can be. Let us explain how it achieves this efficiency:
- This vehicle comes with a plug that you use to charge the electric battery in an outlet right at your home!
- It can run in EV mode, which only uses electricity, then seamlessly switches to hybrid mode when needed.
- You can drive up to 15 miles in EV mode and get an estimated 95 mpge!
- While in Hybrid mode, it can run on both fuel and electricity and give you excellent fuel efficiency with a fuel economy rating of 50 combined mpg.
Check out all of our fuel-efficient new Toyota in N Charlotte
Although we don’t have the Toyota Prius Plug-in available at our new Toyota dealership in N Charlotte, we do have a great selection of fuel-efficient vehicles to choose from including members of the N Charlotte Toyota Prius family and other hybrids.
- Toyota Prius: This is the obvious choice when you want a hybrid, as it’s the most popular and best-selling hybrid vehicle in the world! It’s also amazingly fuel efficient with a fuel economy rating of 50 combined mpg.
- Toyota Avalon Hybrid: This is a great choice for drivers who want a vehicle that’s efficient and high-class. Now you can get the luxuries of the Toyota Avalon, while doing your part in helping the environment!
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid: This vehicle gives you the option of getting fuel efficiency without giving up the SUV you want! You’ll get the space and capabilities you crave while receiving up to 28 combined mpg.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid: Everyone loves the Toyota Camry, which is why it now comes in a hybrid option that can get about 43 city mpg! This allows drivers to have their number one vehicle choice without compromising efficiency.
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte to check out all of our new Toyota and find out more! We’re located at 13429 Statesville Rd. just off I-77 on exit 23. Come take a test drive!