There are a ton of misconceptions when it comes to what kind of auto service your vehicle needs. Just because it’s what you heard, doesn’t mean it’s true. The average person is usually not an expert on auto service and most of the time goes by the information they hear. This is why it’s great to have professionals to help when it comes to auto service like the professional auto technicians at our Toyota Service Center in Charlotte! They can tell you exactly what routine auto maintenance your vehicle needs and what’s wrong with your vehicle when something goes awry.
The truth about auto service in Charlotte!
Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between what’s real and just a myth about auto service. You can’t always believe what you hear, which is why Toyota of N Charlotte wants to help straighten out these myths for you!
- You need an oil change every 3,000 miles: Many vehicles in the past required the oil to be changed every 3,000 miles; however, this is usually not necessary in newer vehicles. Now, the average oil change interval is about every 7,500 miles! The best way to know when you need an oil change is to check your owner’s manual!
- Synthetic oil is always the best choice: When getting an oil change in Charlotte, you always have the option of getting regular oil or synthetic oil. The synthetic oil may seem appealing because it has its advantages, such as lasting longer, but it’s not necessary unless your vehicle requires it. Although synthetic oil allows longer change intervals, it’s also more expensive and regular oil works just as well in most vehicles.
- Your air filter should be changed every time your oil is: It’s true that your air filter should be checked every time you get an oil change; however, that doesn’t mean it needs to be changed. Time intervals vary on when you should get your air filter changed because it depends your driving conditions. If your vehicle is exposed to dirt often, it may need a new air filter more frequently than a vehicle that only sees highways.
- Premium gas will improve your car’s performance: If your vehicle doesn’t require premium gas, don’t waste your money buying it! Although premium gas won’t hurt your vehicle, it also won’t help it perform any better. Most vehicles are made to run on regular-grade (87 octane) gas without a problem.
Let our auto service professionals at our Toyota Service Center help!
We hope these truths about these myths were helpful for you, but if you’re ever not sure about what your vehicle needs, just bring it in for auto service in Charlotte! Our professional technicians at our Toyota Service Center can help you with anything you need. We offer some great services including:
- Oil change
- Battery replacement
- Air filter replacement
- Tire rotation and replacement
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte today for your auto maintenance. We’re located at 13429 Statesville Rd. just off I-77 on exit 23. You can also call out Toyota Service Center at (888) 378-1214 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to your visit!