Our new Toyota in N Charlotte include some of the best technology and features to keep you and your family safe like our Toyota Star Safety System, but there are a few steps you can take to help. We know that knowledge is important to have and we want to make sure you have all of the safety information you need. We want to share some great tips with you so that you can use them to keep your little ones safe.
Putting your child’s safety first with Toyota of N Charlotte
We know families spend a lot of time in the car – driving around from place to place and always on the go. This is why it’s always important that you know how to keep your children safe during these times. By following these tips from Toyota of N Charlotte, you can be sure that you’re doing what it takes to maximize safety while driving.
- Always have children ride in the back seat: Children 12 years old or younger should always ride in the back seat. The back seat is generally the safest place in the car, especially for children because of the dangers posed by passenger airbags. It’s also important to know your local child restraint laws.
- Choose the appropriate child safety seat: Child safety seats need to be carefully chosen according to a child’s age, height and weight. There are different child safety seats for infants and toddlers like rear-facing and forward-facing seats. Once your child has outgrown these, they may need a booster seat until they are big enough to wear just a seat belt. Children should usually switch to a booster seat when they reach 40 lbs. and are between the ages of 3-4 to help with the positioning of the child’s seat belt.
- Check safety belt fit: When your child has outgrown a booster seat, it’s important to make sure the seat belt is fit right. The seat belt must fit low and tight on the upper thigh and not the stomach, while the shoulder belt should fit across the chest and not the neck or face. Children shouldn’t put the shoulder belt underneath their arm or behind their back.
- Use the LATCH restraint system: When securing your car seat into a new Toyota use the LATCH restraint system which helps you properly secure child safety seats. This system is made up of lower anchors and top tethers which are built in the rear seats to hook onto a child safety seat and keep it secure. The LATCH restraint system comes standard in all new Toyota near Charlotte.
- Lead by example: When an adult wears a seat belt, it is more likely that the children with them will also wear seat their seat belt. Always remember to buckle up and remind everyone else in the vehicle to as well. Lead by example by always following all of the safety rules when on the road.
Knowing the safety features in your new Toyota
Along with all of these tips, it’s also important to know all of the safety features available in your new Toyota near Charlotte. The first thing you should do when buying a new Toyota is read your owner’s manual to get an understanding of what safety features you have and how they work. Our new Toyota in N Charlotte have some amazing safety features that will work with you to keep you and your loved ones safe like our Toyota Star Safety System, which helps with vehicle stability, safety and braking. With standard features like this, we work to help put your mind at ease!
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte today to find out more about the safety features available in our new Toyota! We’re located off I-77 on exit 23. You can also call our Internet Sales Team at (888) 883-3797 to set up an appointment with a knowledgeable sales specialist. We can’t wait to see you here!