After getting into an auto accident, whether serious or minor, there is a lot to worry about. We know it can be a frightening and confusing experience, but unfortunately it’s a reality of driving so the best thing you can do is to be prepared. One thing that might relax your mind is knowing that we’re on your side and you can get all of your auto service at the Toyota of N Charlotte Collision Center! But before we get to that, we want to share a few tips on what to do after an accident.
Toyota of N Charlotte has a plan for you!
Like we said before, there are a ton of things to think about after you’re in an accident, like what to do, who to call and where to go for auto service! But, when you have a plan in place and people like Toyota of N Charlotte on your side, it could make things a whole lot easier! Follow simple steps to making sure you’re on the right track.
- Move away from danger: After getting into an accident, make sure to move your car to the side of the road where you’re safe. You don’t want to be in the way of oncoming cars and cause any more damage. If you can’t move your vehicle, make sure to turn on your hazards and set out any cones or flares for visibility.
- Call the Police: The most important thing to do is to contact the police, especially if it’s a serious accident with any injuries! The police will be able to help keep you safe and assist you in taking the rest of the necessary steps.
- Exchange information: Right after you’re in any kind of car accident, make sure to exchange information. You’ll need to get the other driver’s name, address, insurance information, license plate number and the name of the owner of the vehicle. Also, if there are any witnesses, be sure to get their contact information. You should take this step for any accident no matter how minor because you never know what kind of damage has been done even if you can’t see it at the time!
- Document the scene: Take pictures of the scene with your camera or phone. Make sure to get pictures of all of the damage to both vehicles and of the overall scene. You’ll also want to write down how the accident happened and a description of the scene.
- Report the accident: It’s important that you file a state accident report. If the police are already there, they should already be doing this, but if not you can do this at the police station or on the department of motor vehicles website.
Get your auto service at Toyota of N Charlotte
Now for the final step, take your vehicle to the Toyota of N Charlotte Collision Center for auto service. You won’t have to worry about where to get your auto service because Toyota of N Charlotte has a state-of-the-art Collision Center here for you! We can help you with all of your auto service and help get your car back to you good as new. With auto services at our N Charlotte Collision Center, we’ll make this the easiest step in your process.
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte today for all of your service needs. Not only do we have our Collision Center, but we also have an amazing service center for all of your routine maintenance needs! Call our N Charlotte Service Center to schedule an appointment today at 888-378-1214 or for our Collision Center, call 888-732-5310. We want to help make your experience as positive as possible!