There’s no doubt the N Charlotte Toyota Tundra is made for towing, as just a few years ago it pulled a space shuttle! It’s not every day you need to pull a space shuttle; however, at least you know it can get the job done when it comes to your boat or trailer! Although this new Toyota in N Charlotte has all of the strength you need, it’s up to you to know what you’re doing when towing. This is why Toyota of N Charlotte is sharing our tips to help you have a safe and easy towing experience!
Tow with ease in your new Toyota near Charlotte
Whether you’re moving your camper, trailer or boat, it can get pretty tricky. Driving your new Toyota Tundra by itself is easy, but when you add a huge item on the back, you can run into a lot of problems. It’s important to have everything set up the right way, be aware of what your vehicle can do and know what you can do! Follow these tips to ensure a safe and secure towing experience!
- It’s important for the vehicle you’ll be towing with to work properly, which is why you should make sure it’s up-to-date on all of its routine auto maintenance. Bring your new Toyota to our Toyota Service Center in N Charlotte to get your auto service such as an oil change, tire service and a 160-point vehicle inspection!
- You should also check your brakes before going anywhere! Malfunctioning brakes can be extremely dangerous, especially when you have a big trailer behind you! Additionally, make sure your brakes are synchronized on your tow vehicle and trailer.
- If this is your first time towing a certain item, you may want to practice before hitting the road. Take your new Toyota truck with the item to a location where no one is around and practice maneuvering around corners and into parking spots. Remember, practice makes perfect!
- Once you’re on the road, you want to proceed with caution! It can be dangerous to drive fast with all of that excess weight on the back of your vehicle. This is because it can cause your trailer to sway and make it more difficult to stop.
What are the towing capabilities of your new Toyota?
Before you start towing, make sure your new Toyota has the right towing capabilities. Towing too much weight can cause damage to your vehicle. Our new Toyota in N Charlotte have different towing capabilities, which is why you should double check what it can do. Check your owner’s manual for these numbers:
- Base curb weight, which is the weight of your vehicle with fluids and equipment included
- Cargo weight, which is the weight of the passengers, cargo and optional equipment
- Allowable payable, which is the maximum weight the vehicle can carry all together
If you want a vehicle that can tow, check out the N Charlotte Toyota Tundra today! You can take it for a test drive at 13429 Statesville Rd. in Huntersville. Contact our Internet Sales Team at (888) 883-3797 for more information or to meet with a Sales Specialist.