Spring has sprung, folks! The season is officially underway, which means it’s time to get on top of everything you let slide during the winter. This includes your Charlotte car maintenance appointments – when was the last time you came in for a routine oil change? If you can’t remember, it might be time to call us for an appointment. As the weather gets warmer it gets more and more important to have a tank full of clean, fresh oil. Our Toyota Service techs have the full scoop on why it’s so important to schedule an oil change in Charlotte and keep up with your car’s routine maintenance as spring rolls into our city!
Why do you need routine oil changes?
Schedule routine Charlotte oil changes is important because basically, oil is what keeps your engine running. It acts as a lubricant to keep all the moving parts inside the engine working smoothly; it also helps to reduce the amount of heat in your engine that arises from friction. If your oil is dirty or you don’t have enough of it, it can’t do its job. This means you’re likely to end up with an engine that’s overheated and even seized up – sometimes the friction causes so much heat that the parts meld together. (In other words, you’re gonna need a new engine.)
How can you tell if you’re due for a Charlotte oil change? Here’s an easy way to check yourself (or you can have our Toyota Service techs check for you, as always):
- Pop the hood and locate the oil dipstick. You’ll want the car off for this, just to make things easy.
- Remove the dipstick and take a look at the oil on it. Is it in between the indicated markers? If it’s too low, it’ll fall below the markers and you need to get maintenance ASAP to get it back to full function.
- You should also look at the color – it should be a golden brown color. If it’s dark brown, black, or you can see flecks of dirt in it, you need to schedule a Charlotte Toyota Service appointment! This means the oil is old and dirty and it can actually do more harm than good – that debris can damage the inside of your engine and leave behind buildup!
Is it time to schedule this routine car maintenance in Charlotte?
Here are some other signs you need an oil change:
- Your check engine light is on – this can mean a bevy of other things, but it’s also an indicator you’re in need of car maintenance!
- You hit your mileage! Your owner’s manual (and our techs) can tell you how often you need to get in here and change your oil – if you’re over the mileage or time, schedule an appointment!
- Your tailpipe is smoking! Smoke can indicate internal problems in the engine, specifically those related to engine oil. Have our techs check it out!
Have questions or need to schedule a cheap oil change in Charlotte? Call us today! You can reach us at (888) 378-1214 – and ask about our Toyota Service Coupons!