With Thanksgiving only two days away you’re probably gearing up to head out! Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest weeks to travel and it can be very hectic! Our Toyota Service Team in Charlotte wants to ensure you’re ready to travel safely on Turkey Day! That’s why we have some safe driving tips for you get to your destination safely! Once you arrive you get to enjoy some savory dishes and quality time with your family! Check out our Charlotte auto service team‘s safe driving tips before you head out!
Check out these Thanksgiving safe driving tips from our Charlotte Toyota Service Team!
Before you hit the road make sure you’re behind the wheel of a safe and reliable car. Quickly stop by our auto service center in Charlotte and have it inspected. The last thing you want is to be dealing with auto repairs the weekend of Thanksgiving! One of our Charlotte Toyota certified technicians can have your car in tip-top shape in no time!
Once your car is fortified and ready to hit the road use these safe driving tips for a smooth sailing drive.
- Plan your routes! Roads and highways will be piled up with people who are also headed out for Turkey Day celebration. That’s why our team recommends planning main and alternative routes. If you have a GPS plug the address in to see if it has a better route. This way if there is congested traffic you can take one of your alternate routes.
- Plan your time of departure! There are times during Thanksgiving week that the roads will be clearer and there are days that more popular to travel. If possible avoid driving on Thanksgiving eve and the Sunday after Thanksgiving. However, if you’re driving on those days then we recommend you leaving either really early or really late to avoid getting stuck in traffic.
- Fuel up the tank! We know you might be hurrying out to get on the road and to your Turkey day celebration, but make sure to fuel up your tank before getting on the highway. Depending on how heavy the traffic may be you’ll be using more gas. Don’t get stuck on the side of the road!
- Avoid distractions! You should normally be using this safe driving technique. However, just in case you forgot make sure to put away any and all things that may distract your attention away from the road. We recommend having a co-captain to help you handle the GPS, phone and music.
- Practice defensive driving! There’ll a lot of people on the road this week! Some may be traveling very far and for long hours. Keep your eye out for any dangerous driving and use your defensive driving techniques for safe driving!
Our Charlotte Toyota Service Team wishes you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Our Charlotte Toyota Service Team wants to wish you and your family a safe and fun Thanksgiving! If you have any questions regarding the safe driving tips or would like to schedule an appointment for a quick service checkup feel free to call us at (888) 378-1214.