As the saying goes – Everything gets better with age. Well here at Toyota of N Charlotte we have witnessed that to be very true over the years! Toyota continues to innovate and better develop every car with each new year. One in particular that has come a long way and has gone under multiple revamps is the ultimate and powerful N Charlotte Toyota Tundra! For the past 16 years this truck has proven to be reliable as it continues to be one of the top-selling full-size pickup trucks in the market! Care to take a trip down memory lane and see how far this Toyota truck has come?
Embrace the power and history of the Toyota Tundra!
If you’re behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra then you understand why seeing its development is thrilling! If you haven’t, you probably will after learning all that is has offered within the years. There are two generations of exciting Toyota Tundra trucks near Charlotte and we want to share the journey with you!
The N Charlotte Toyota Tundra was first introduced in 2000. The pickup truck was manufactured in Princeton, Indiana and it quickly surpassed everyone’s expectations! It was then nominated for the North American Truck of the Year, named Motor Trend Magazine’s Truck of the Year and Best Full-Size Truck by Consumer Reports. Do you know why people were so thrilled about this Toyota truck?
- There were two available engines! The 3.4L V6 engine or 4.7L V8 engine.
- In 2004 Toyota brought efficiency and space into this strong Toyota Truck. The truck was now available in the Double Cab trim-level with four doors, height and longer bed.
- Then in 2005 Toyota introduced a 4.0L V6 engine, a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission in this already powerful Toyota Truck.
It’s hard to believe that one of the best trucks in America could’ve gotten better, but it did! In 2007 the Toyota Tundra was redesigned and reintroduced to the public. What other way would you do it when you’re introducing features such as these:
- Three available engine choices: 4L V6 engine, 4.7L V8 engine or the brand new 5.7L V8 engine.
- It had 31 available configurations that depended on cab size, engine size, bed size, transmission and wheel bases for you to choose from.
- A brand new sleek look! The improved grille and lights gave the truck an edgy side.
Since then it was completely revamped inside and out in 2014! The 2016 Toyota Tundra near Charlotte is currently being manufactured and produced in Texas.
The new models have awesome features and power! Choose from three engines, including a flex fuel engine! It’s also available in six different trim-levels! Not to mention the state-of-the-art technology integrated in the cabin! Stay connected through the 6.1 inch touchscreen display with Entune Audio System, iPod connectivity, Bluetooth wireless connection and backup camera.
This Toyota truck continues to impress all truck aficionados out there. If you want to test drive one come to Toyota of N Charlotte today! We’re located at 13429 Statesville Road.