It’s here – the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race is headed our way, and the celebrity drivers who will get behind the wheel of the N Charlotte Scion FR-S and hit the track have officially been announced! Here’s this year’s lineup:
- Steve Mason, the ESPN Radio Show host of “Mason & Ireland Show”
- Mark McGrath, former lead singer of the band Sugar Ray
- Donna Feldman, international model and actress
- Tricia Helfer, Canadian model and actress
- Raul Mendez, actor
- Joshua Morrow, actor (you may have seen him on the Young and the Restless)
- Johnny Rzeznik, lead singer of the Goo Goo Dolls
- James Maslow, actor
- Robert Patrick, actor
- Willie Gault, former NFL wide receiver and Olympian
- Nathan Kress, actor
- Mekhi Phifer, actor
Get the scoop on the 2015 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race!
We’ll also see other pro drivers who have won the race in the past four years getting behind the wheel of the new Scion FR-S in N Charlotte – check out this lineup!
- Rutledge Wood
- Dara Torres
- Brett Davern
- Antron Brown
- Alfonso Ribeiro
Pretty impressive, right? The drivers in the “pro” group will hit the same track as the celebrity drivers, but they’ll be delayed 30 seconds to make it more challenging for them to race to the finish! The 2015 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race will take place on April 18th this year in Long Beach, CA. The course is 1.97 miles, and it snakes through downtown Long Beach to up the excitement factor! Best of all, this race raises money for “Racing for Kids”. It’s a national non-profit organization that provides support and funding for different children’s hospitals around the nation!
See the N Charlotte Scion FR-S hit the track!
We’re also pretty excited that the new Scion FR-S near Charlotte is the car of choice again this year! Toyota began the tradition back in 2013 when the car first came to fruition, and we’re pumped that it’s still the ride of choice to hit the track! Although you won’t be able to pick up the race version at our Toyota Scion dealership, you definitely can get the original… and we highly recommend it. Here are some of our top highlights of the 2015 Scion FR-S in N Charlotte!
- First (and in a lot of cases most importantly), the N Charlotte Scion FR-S is affordable and won’t break the bank like a typical sports car. It has a starting MSRP of just over $25,000!
- It’s also packing a punch in terms of performance. You’ll get 200 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque, thanks to a flat 2.0L 4-cylinder Boxer engine tucked under the hood. However, you’ll still get great fuel efficiency with an estimated 28 mpg combined!
- You’ll love the uber-sporty style it’s rocking, too! It sits low to the ground, comes with features like 17″ alloy wheels, and is featured in hues like Steel, Hot Lava, Ultramarine, Firestorm, and more!
Why not take it for a spin? If it’s good enough for the drivers in the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race, it’s good enough for us… see the 2015 Scion FR-S near Charlotte in person and get ready to hit the road!