A trend that has been rising among adults lately has been carpooling. We don’t mean carpool for the little ones but for work and events. This is due to many different factors including gas prices, the unbearable idle traffic and it’s also eco-friendly. However, before hopping in the car there are a few ground rules you and all other passengers should agree on. Our Toyota dealership near Charlotte has come up with a few tips to make this carpool planning process easier.
Have you tried to carpool to work?
At Toyota of N Charlotte we want you to be safe while on the road. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t hate sitting in traffic after work. Well since we at Toyota of N Charlotte can’t actually change traffic itself we want to help you come up with an alternate option that will be fuel efficient and in better company. Check out these carpool tips from our Toyota dealership near Charlotte and put them to practice. They’ll make your ride more enjoyable and stress free.
- Determine who will be partaking on the daily ride.
- Decide on a route and an alternate route in advance. Come to an agreement if you should take toll roads, highways or local roads. This all makes a difference in expenses for everyone. On days where traffic is bad you’ll have a backup route to make it to work on time.
- Determine a schedule, responsibilities and what car or cars you’ll be taking. Your group might decide to do a rotating schedule so everyone alternates the drive. Or if one or more group members don’t have a reliable source of transportation then you might be the driver. But it’s important to agree on meeting or pick up/drop off locations.
- Agree on car rules and etiquette. You should discuss things such as what kind of music/radio will be played, seating arrangements and will food be allowed. Remember it’s important to respect others and others will respect your wishes as well.
- Plan on how you’ll split the driving expenses. Some choose to determine a set amount for daily or weekly basis. Others split the drive and consider it even. It’s up to you and your passengers to come up with an ideal way.
- Be punctual, applies to all. You’re all on each other’s time when carpooling. Everyone has time constraints so be respectful of everyone’s time.
- Select a mode of communication. One popular communication tool used today is group texting. An easy way to get to everyone through one mode. However, don’t text and drive. Always have a carpool designated texter in your car to update others on time.
- Have a backup plan. Things come up, people get sick and someone might not be able to come through on some days. Plan ahead to avoid delays, have an alternative driver or way to get to work.
Carpool to work in a reliable new Toyota near Charlotte!
Now that you’re set have fun and enjoy the ride! Have some fun before clocking in! If you’re looking for a reliable and fuel efficient car for you and your entourage visit us at Toyota of N Charlotte. We have a variety of reliable Toyota cars near Charlotte that will get you and your passengers to work on time. We’re located at 13429 Statesville Rd.