If you’re getting ready for moving day, then you know how much work it takes to prep to move. However, you need to do more than just pack boxes! You need plan out how you’re going to move everything. If you have a pickup truck and want to use that, then you must ensure that your truck is ready for hauling. Our Charlotte auto service center is ready to help you! See how you should prep your truck for moving.
Charlotte auto service tips to move with your pickup truck!
It takes more than just loading up your things onto the truck! You need to acquire the right equipment for it and prepare your truck to get ready for the big move. If you don’t have the needed equipment, you may damage your truck and your belongings. So check out these maintenance tips from our Charlotte auto service team on how you should get your truck ready for your move.
Let’s start by talking about some of the items you’ll need during the move. You may think you can get away with ropes and such, but they snap often and are unreliable. Here are some of the things we highly recommend investing in prior to getting to your moving day:
- High capacity straps and wide straps – Don’t put bungee cords to the test during your move! They can SNAP and let go of your belongings on the road. Not to mention, it can be very dangerous if it snaps on someone. The higher capacity straps will securely fasten your cargo and they’re very durable.
- Tarp and blankets – Place a tarp or blanket on the bed of your truck to protect it! Then us blankets in between items to prevent any scratches. Once you have everything in the back of the truck, place a tarp over it and strap it down! This way it’ll keep your things protected of the extraneous weather conditions during your move.
- Plastic containers – Plastic containers are great to keep in the bed of your truck! They’re durable and help secure smaller items. It’s makes easier to move and keep things protected.
Prep your truck at our Toyota Service Center in Charlotte!
Loading your truck
When it comes to loading up your truck, be smart about it! According to our auto service team in Charlotte there’s a strategic way in which you should do it. The first thing you should do if find out what your truck’s payload capacity is. You MUST stay within the payload limit or else you can extensively damage your truck!
- Valuable and fragile items – Place your fragile and valuable items inside the cabin of your truck. This way you’ll be sure that its secure and won’t break!
- Heavier items – Load up the heavier items as far forward as possible on the bed of the truck! This helps maintain the balance of the truck!
- Secure cargo – Fasten your car safely in the bed of the vehicle! Use the wide straps and overlap them by making an “x” mark.
Now that you have everything ready for the move, you just have to prep your truck! Visit our Charlotte auto service center to ensure everything is in tip-top shape for the move. You don’t want to break down on the side of the road due to minor details! Get an oil change, tire repair, and overall inspection at 13429 Statesville Road.