The North American Toyota headquarters in Plano Texas is making big strides! They just achieved LEED Platinum from the U.S. the U.S. Green Building Council. This major Toyota news is no small feat! We are going to go over why the North American Toyota headquarters is getting recognized and the ways you can reduce your environmental footprint in a N Charlotte green Toyota.
Toyota news – environmental impact
Making a positive impact on the environment isn’t just this week’s Toyota news, it’s a part of Toyota’s green initiative. The whole world is trying to find new innovative solutions that can lead to a more sustainable world. To win the prestigious LEED award, Toyota had to make a building taking everything into account. They considered renewable energy, repurposed rainwater, recycling, and sustainable landscaping when they were constructing this building of the future.
- This project was the largest onsite corporate solar installation in Texas excluding utility companies.
- Their solar panels can produce up to 33% of the headquarters daily electric needs.
- The solar energy that the headquarters produces decreases carbon dioxide emissions by 7,198 metric tons annually.
- The energy produced is also enough to power 1,200 average homes in the United States for an entire year.
- They have a modern rainwater capture system that can provide irrigation use for up to three months.
- Their Cistern water storage can hold up to 400,000 gallons of harvested rainwater.
- This is estimated to save more than 11 million gallons of potable drinking water every year.
- A system is in place to collect excess rainwater and repurpose it for sanitary factory use.
- Over 99 percent of the waste that was created during the headquarters construction was recycled.
- The wetlands on the corner of the property were preserved.
- They used plants that were indigenous to the area that can tolerate droughts.
- Areas will provide a natural habitat for endangered pollinators and monarch butterflies.
- Over 80 mature trees were located onsite including an oak tree that’s over a century old!
- Toyota planted around 1,300 trees on site.
Leave a green footprint from the Charlotte area
Even though this Toyota news took place in Texas, there as still ways you and Toyota can decrease the carbon footprint in the Charlotte area. There are a bunch of Toyota hybrids that you can drive to do your part! Here are a few of our N Charlotte hybrids that make Toyota news.
- The Toyota Camry Hybrid
You can get the best-selling car in America in a hybrid version! Drive around Charlotte with peace-of-mind in a vehicle that is reliable and fuel-efficient.
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid
If you want a Toyota news making SUV that still has great gas mileage, this is for you! You can get all the space you’re looking for in a N Charlotte Toyota and be environmentally friendly at the same time!
Stop by Toyota of North Charlotte today! We will be glad to help you find the perfect Toyota news making, hybrid vehicle for you.