Toyota knows the importance of taking care of the environment. That’s why every year there are more and more green Toyota goals. This isn’t just for taking care of our beautiful city of Charlotte, but for taking care of the world. Our team at Toyota of North Charlotte put together some of the green Toyota actions that are currently being taken and a list of our current N Charlotte green Toyota hybrids.
Green Toyota actions
The major areas of focus for Toyotas eco-friendly efforts and conservation are on biodiversity, material, water and carbon. So we decided to highlight some of the major actions that Toyotas taking in each of these categories.
- Since 1999, National Public Lands Day has been sponsored by Toyota. This day is meant to help improve public land with local volunteers across the United States. $18 million worth of volunteer service was estimated to have been done during this day in 2015.
- Toyota owns over 1,000 Wildlife Habitat Council Conservation Certified acres
- There are gardens at 11 North American sites that are meant to attract pollinators like butterflies and bees. Four of these sites gardens have even been certified by the Monarch Watch as Monarch Waystations.
- The WasteWise Very Large Business Partner of the Year Award was presented to Toyota Motor North America. This EPA sustainable materials management program helps promote using and reusing materials more efficiently.
- During 2015, the Toyota facilities in North America reduced, reused or recycled 96% of their non-regulated waste.
- A Toyota parts center in Kentucky helped eliminate 608,600 pounds of waste from being dumped at a landfill by creating packaging that can be used up to 14 times and can also collapse.
- Toyota saved 99.8 million gallons of water in 2016. This is the equivalent of 911 American families combined average water usage.
- Northern California Toyota dealerships encouraged customers to skip the complimentary car wash which helped them save 8.4 million gallons of water last summer.
- Toyota’s plant in Indiana has been teaching students in elementary schools the importance of protecting and preserving water resources since 2005.
Toyota’s team helped close to 600 six graders get water samples from almost 100 Indiana lakes in 2015.
- Toyota has 14 Toyota hybrid models available in North America
- Toyota launched the most fuel-efficient vehicle that’s currently on the road, the Toyota Prius Prime. This green Toyota gets a jaw dropping EPA-estimated 133 MPGe. Compared to its most recent predecessor, the Toyota Prius Prime is 26 percent more efficient.
- There was recently a discovery that was made by Toyota scientists that could lead to smaller and longer lasting batteries. This could affect batteries of all types, from the ones that are in handheld gaming devices, cell phones and cars!
- The new North American Toyota headquarters campus in Texas plans to have a 75 megawatt solar array. This is estimated to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 7,122 metric tons annually, which is equivalent to the yearly electricity used by almost 1,000 homes.
Go green in a Toyota of N Charlotte hybrid
If you’re looking to make an environmental difference yourself, then check out our N Charlotte green Toyotas. Some of the diverse N Charlotte Toyota hybrids we currently have on our lot include:
- 2017 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- 2017 Toyota Prius
- 2017 Toyota Prius c
- 2017 Toyota Prius v
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Come into Toyota of North Charlotte today! Test drive one of our green Toyota hybrids and feel what it’s like to drive an eco-friendly vehicle.