Do you think that your car’s suspension is acting up? It can be hard to tell if that’s the problem in your car unless you’re a car mechanic. Don’t worry, Toyota of N Charlotte is here to help. Our Toyota auto service experts are here to teach you ways to ways that you can troubleshoot your vehicle’s suspension yourself.
What does my car’s suspension do?
Your car’s suspension is very important to your vehicle. It’s what helps you have a smooth ride when you’re driving your vehicle. And many people don’t know that it also supports your N Charlotte Toyota’s braking system and steering control. These are some of the reasons why you want to make sure that it’s in good shape when you’re taking it out on the road.
Swing Axle, Trailing Arm, Double Wishbone, Leading Arm, and McPherson Strut are the five most common types of car suspension. You’ll most likely have either McPherson Strut or Double Wishbone on your car since they’re the two most common. Performance vehicles that are designed to go fast or to haul a heavy load often offer different ones to help these vehicles perform at their very best.
Maintain your vehicle with the help of our N Charlotte Toyota experts
Wondering how you can keep your car’s suspension in good shape? Bring it in for auto service at Toyota of N Charlotte! Every time you bring your car in for car maintenance you receive a complimentary multi-point inspection. Our experts will let you know if they see any problems or any issues that could be brewing under the hood. They can fix these issues before they become a bigger, more costly problem in the future.
Do you want to try troubleshooting your N Charlotte Toyota yourself? Here are some of the signs that could indicate that your vehicle’s suspension needs some attention:
- Your car’s steering doesn’t feel as tight – you have to turn your vehicle’s wheel further for the same size turn
- Your car is making noises when you turn – when you turn your hear squeaking, clunking, or knocking.
- The steering wheel shakes when your vehicle is moving
- Comfort levels have decreased – your vehicle isn’t driving as smoothly as it did in the past. Bumps and holes in the road seem a lot more prevalent than they did in the past.
- It’s harder to steer your car
- Your steering wheel is pulling to one side – if you take your hands off the steering wheel your N Charlotte Toyota starts to drift off in one direction and instead of staying straight.
Do you want to get your vehicle inspected? Then bring it into our N Charlotte Toyota service center and have it evaluated by the experts. Our doors are open six days a week for vehicle repairs. And make sure to check out our website and take a look at our current money-saving service specials before you bring your vehicle in. You can set up your auto service appointment on our website, in person, or by calling us at (704) 659-2025.