Power, towing, hauling, sitting up high, and all the convenience you could ever want. Driving a pickup truck has so many benefits and makes for a great driving experience. But, purchasing one of these N Charlotte vehicles doesn’t come cheap. A loss in fuel economy and a bigger price tag means that if you’re planning on purchasing a pickup truck, it must be a serious commitment. Thankfully, Toyota of North Charlotte is here with five helpful tips to help you figure out if a truck is the right vehicle for you.
Things to consider when buying a pickup truck
While the convenient factors of driving a N Charlotte Toyota truck make it look like an appealing option, the truth is that a truck is a vehicle that requires jobs to do and serious commitment. If you’re starting to think that a truck isn’t for you, Toyota of N Charlotte has a huge inventory of SUV’s and midsize vehicles that can give you the truck experience with better fuel efficiency and at a more affordable price. Here are some things to consider when buying a truck:
- Be aware of the MSRP and budget accordingly. While pickup trucks come with big convenience, they also come with a big price tag. A N Charlotte Toyota Tundra starts with an MSRP of $31,320 and depending on the type of tow package could be more expensive. Be sure to budget and be sure that this is the vehicle you want to drive before you sign on the dotted line.
- Figure out what you want to tow or haul. Pickup trucks are meant to put in work when it comes to towing and hauling. If you plan on driving around trailers, a lot of supplies, or large equipment, then a truck is what you need. However, if you just like the size or the feel of driving a truck, it might be best to stick with an SUV or midsize N Charlotte vehicle.
- Light, medium, or heavy duty. After you’ve found things to tow around, it’s time to figure out the weight and which pickup truck can get the job done. Light, medium, and heavy duty is a measure of the amount of weight a truck can tow, and our N Charlotte auto service department recommends that you select a pickup truck class that’s overestimated on towing capacity compared to what you need to tow.
- Engine and axle ratio. Figuring out the type of engine you want in your N Charlotte truck goes hand in hand with the towing class. If you’re going heavy duty, both gasoline and diesel engines are offered. Diesel will give you better towing capacity and power but sacrifices fuel efficiency when compared to gasoline engines. Axle ratio is another factor consider that can affect your towing capacity. Typically, the higher the axle ratio, the higher the towing capacity for your pickup truck.
- Trim levels and accessories. Now it’s time for the fun part, trim levels and accessories. While this doesn’t help so much with towing capacity and engineering, choosing the right interior accessories can help shape your pickup truck driving experience. The N Charlotte Toyota Tundra and Toyota Tacoma come in several trim levels including SR5, Limited, Platinum, and 1794 edition. Each comes with optional accessories like a sunroof, leather seats an upgraded infotainment system, and dual climate-controlled air conditioning.
Come test drive your pickup truck at Toyota of North Charlotte
If you’re unsure that a truck is the right vehicle for you, come take a test drive at Toyota of North Charlotte! Our expert auto sales team will be happy to answer any questions you have and take you on a test drive. Come visit us at 13429 Statesville Road or call us at (704) 875 – 9199 to schedule an appointment!