Are you in the market for a used car? It can be pretty stressful finding a vehicle that meets all your needs, that’s also safe and reliable. Well, our team at Toyota of N Charlotte want to share their knowledge with you! We are here to teach you the ways to properly inspect a used car so you know exactly what kind of vehicle you’re ending up with.
Used car inspection tips
Exterior car inspection: You first want to check out the exterior of the N Charlotte used car. Make sure that you’re doing this in the daylight and have the vehicle on a flat surface when you’re inspecting the vehicle.
- Body of the car: Check and make sure that all of the paint is the same color on the vehicle. Also, make sure you keep an eye out for any unusual spacing between the car’s body panels and for any rust that may be forming on the vehicle. These are all classic signs that a used car near Charlotte was repaired after it was in an accident.
- Car tires: Thoroughly inspect all four tires. Get down and look for any signs of damage like blisters, bubbles, or nails embedded in them.
- Glass: Look and see that the glass is in good condition and doesn’t have any cracks, chips, or spider web cracks. If you see any sign of damage on the car’s windshield, make sure to negotiate with the seller and have their insurance company take care of it before you finalize your deal.
- Lights: Check and see all the lights on the N Charlotte used car are working. Also, make sure that the headlights aren’t foggy or cracked, or you could use that as a point of negotiation.
- Suspension: Make sure that the car’s suspension seems up to par. Push down on each corner of the vehicle and make sure that it doesn’t bounce more than once. You wouldn’t want to be driving a vehicle with a bad suspension on a bumpy road.
Interior: Once you’re finished inspecting the outside of the vehicle, it’s time to move on to the inside. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for water damage when you’re looking at the inside.
- Smells: Do you smell anything out of the ordinary like mold or mildew? Are there any air fresheners in the car that could be covering up an odor? It can be very hard to get some smells out of a N Charlotte used car, so an unpleasant smell is something you should be aware of before you finalize your deal.
- Headliner: Make sure that the roof lining is in good condition and doesn’t have any bubbles or sagging in it.
- Upholstery and carpet: Check and see that the upholstery and carpeting in the vehicle doesn’t have any holes or rips in it. This can be very costly to repair.
- Switches and buttons: Test all of the buttons and switches in the vehicle to make sure that they’re all in proper working condition.
Under the hood: Take the vehicle for a test drive around Charlotte and make sure that everything sounds good when the vehicle is running and that there are no visible signs of anything leaking. Consider having an independent mechanic examine the vehicle for you if you have any doubts.
Shop for affordable used vehicles near Charlotte
Find your affordable used car today at Toyota of North Charlotte. Call us and set up your appointment at (704) 875-9199.