Retired in 2002 and back with a vengeance, the Toyota Supra is here and it’s on a mission to cross the finish line! A brand-new prototype was recently revealed by Toyota along with a debut date and, needless to say, we’re super excited! At Toyota of North Charlotte, we have all the details that have been revealed so far!
The Toyota Supra is here with its eyes on the prize
Although it’s only been revealed as a prototype so far, the rumors about the N Charlotte Toyota Supra are enough to make us giddy with excitement! Toyota has confirmed that the new Toyota Supra will make its debut on February 16, 2019 at the NASCAR Xfinity Series race. Here’s what we know so far:
- It’s rumored that the N Charlotte Toyota Supra will use a 3.0L inline-six front-mounted engine.
- The engine may also be turbocharged which could give it up to 335 horsepower and 369 lb./ft. of torque for efficient output of power.
- With all that power under the hood, the Toyota Supra could have a 0-60 mph of four and half seconds form a standstill.
- There’s also a rumor that Toyota may be working on an entry level model of this new N Charlotte vehicle. While it won’t come equipped with the racing features of what we’ll see at the debut, the entry level model will likely still pack quite a punch and still maintain the iconic Toyota Supra look.
- The entry level model is rumored to use a 2.0L four-cylinder engine and it’s estimated to get a maximum horsepower of 248.
Now comes the bad news, we’ll definitely be waiting a little while before the new Toyota Supra races its way to our dealership in North Charlotte. But, to hold you over until it gets here, we have a large inventory of new Toyota vehicles packed with power and amazing features just waiting for a test drive!
Toyota 86: Styled to be sporty, engineered with power in mind, the Toyota 86 is a car that people can’t help but turn their heads for. It’s sleek and mean lines combined with efficient, yet powerful engineering and economic pricing make it a N Charlotte Toyota you have to get behind the wheel of. Under the hood, the Toyota 86 sports a 2.0L four-cylinder horizontally-opposed engine that gets 205 horsepower at 156 lb./ft. of torque.
Toyota 4Runner: Big, mean, aggressive, and so versatile. The Toyota 4Runner is built to handle anything from commuting across town to going off-road. With a 4.0L V6 engine that packs 270 horsepower and 278 lb./ft. of torque, power is the N Charlotte Toyota 4Runner’s middle name.
Toyota Tacoma: The famous taco is more than just a cult classic truck. This reliable and versatile vehicle has excellent towing capability and can also be taken off the beaten path for some off-roading adventures. It sports a 3.5L V6 engine with 278 horsepower and 265 lb./ft. of torque for an efficient and powerful driving experience.
Try them all at Toyota of North Charlotte
Waiting for the Toyota Supra is going to seem like forever, but with all these new Toyota models here waiting for a test drive, we know you’ll have no problem being patient. Come visit us at Toyota of North Charlotte and check out all there is to offer in the way of new Toyota vehicles. Give us a call at (704) 875 – 9199 to set things up!