Autonomous vehicles are all the rage in the automotive industry right now! Toyota is doing some incredible work behind the scenes to make sure that our vehicles stay on top of this new technological wave. We’re excited to announce that Toyota is building a new testing facility specifically for testing autonomous technology on our vehicle! Toyota of N Charlotte is here to fill you in on all the future technology that Toyota will be testing at this state-of-the-art facility.
Autonomous vehicle testing
Toyota was originally testing their autonomous vehicle technology on the road, but recently stopped these trials. They thought it would be better to test this self-driving car technology in real-time scenarios at a facility compared to an open road. Want to learn more about Toyota’s new testing facility? Here’s everything we know so far:
- The facility will sit of 60 acres at the Michigan Technical Resource Park (MITRP) located in Ottawa Lake, Michigan.
- They plan to have this testing facility up and running by October 2018.
- Toyota will be able to use this facility in many different ways. They’ll be able to simulate driving on diverse roadways like crowded city streets, slippery roads, fog, tight corners, and more! This will help Toyota engineers make sure that this autonomous vehicle technology is put to the test before its implemented on new N Charlotte Toyotas.
This isn’t Toyota’s first time working with autonomous vehicle technology! Recently, Toyota partnered with Denso and Aisin (who are big in the autonomous researcher field) to help advance their autonomous technology and help get it equipped in N Charlotte Toyota vehicles. Toyota of North Charlotte is excited to see what Toyota’s $2.8 billion investment is going to bring to our dealership in the next few years.
Shop new N Charlotte Toyota technology now
Fully autonomous vehicles are not for sale in the US right now, but Toyota of N Charlotte has some vehicles that’re equipped with some pretty impressive technology that you need to take a look at. Here are some of the features that you need to see in some of our new Toyota models:
- Qi wireless charging – You’ll be able to charge your compatible mobile devices wirelessly and hassle-free.
- Bird’s Eye View Camera with 360-degree views – Lets you see everything around your vehicle from as if you’re viewing it from above.
- Integrated navigation – Your new Toyota will get you to your destination with turn by turn directions.
- Toyota Safety Sense P – This new Toyota safety technology will help keep you safe of the road thanks to features like a pre-collision system and pedestrian detection.
- Parking assist – Easily park your vehicle in tight parking spots with the help of parking assist.
Visit Toyota of N Charlotte today and take a look at our autonomous vehicle technology. Our product specialist will show you all the Toyota technology that each car has to offer. Schedule your test drive you calling us at (704) 875-9199, or just stop in! We’re located at 13429 Statesville Road, off I-77 in Huntersville.