A vehicle’s history can tell you all you need to know about where your chosen used car has been, what’s it’s worth, and if you should walk away or keep going with the buying process. These reports are essential in the used car buying process because, without them, you’d never know what you’re getting into. There’s always the chance of buying a lemon, or a vehicle that’s been in an accident, or one that hasn’t been well maintained, the list goes on. We’ve talked to our auto sales team at Toyota of North Charlotte and put together a guide, so you can get the most info out of your used vehicle history report.
What to look for in a vehicle history report
Trying to figure out exactly what the history report for your chosen used car is saying can get a little confusing. Reports from companies like CarFax and AutoCheck are comprehensive but knowing exactly what to look for will help you get to the bottom of your N Charlotte vehicle’s history. Here are the key points most vehicle history reports include:
- Previous owners.
- Title transfers.
- Accident history.
- A current odometer reading of the N Charlotte vehicle and warnings of potential rollbacks.
- Lemon determination.
- Any existing liens on the vehicle.
Having information on these statistics will give you an idea on the condition of your chosen N Charlotte used car and should give you an indication if you should look for a different vehicle or stick with your chosen one. Thankfully, if you want more information than what’s typically provided in a vehicle history report, there are detailed reports that will give you more information on the vehicle. This form of VIN number lookup does come at an additional charge as opposed to a free report. At Toyota of N Charlotte, all our certified used cars are included with a free vehicle history report. Here’s what’s included in a detailed history report:
- An information and report summary on the used car.
- A value calculator based on the report findings.
- Ownership history.
- Title history.
- Additional and detailed history that’s easier to interpret.
The additional and detailed information from a paid vehicle history report can include several things not found in a free N Charlotte Toyota vehicle report. This information could be things like:
- Changes in vehicle color.
- Maintenance records.
- Recommended services based on the used car’s current reported condition.
- Registration renewals.
- If the vehicle was ever reported as a total loss (not repairable or too expensive to have repaired after an accident).
- Structural damage that’s occurred on the N Charlotte vehicle.
- If the airbags have ever been deployed.
- Insurance claims on the used car.
- The original and/or extended warranties on the vehicle.
Get an accurate vehicle history report with Toyota of North Charlotte
There’s a lot to consider when buying a used car and a vehicle history report is essential to knowing if you’re putting your money on the right one. That’s why, at Toyota of North Charlotte, all our used cars come with a free vehicle history report, so you know what you’re paying for. Visit us at 13429 Statesville Road, exit 23 off I-77 in Huntersville.